This website is built using Bioland tool, a (Drupal-based) turnkey platform for a national clearing-house mechanism website.
Further details can be found in
- Decision X/15, para 2
- Decision 14/25, paras 2-4
Bioland tool development is supported, in part, by the Japan Biodiversity Fund.
Some of the Bioland features include:
- Multilingual support - the platform has support for translating the website content into any language. Every items is translatable: content, menus, labels etc. This includes support for the six UN official languages: English, French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic and Chinese.
- Content types - The content is grouped in several content types: News, Events, Documents, Photo albums, Videos, Projects, Protected areas, Species, Organizations, People and Web links. Each type can be accessed from the Main menu » By types.
- Content management - The content is managed via WYSIWYG editor and supports basic content management such as text formatting, links, image upload, lists but also more advanced editing like text column management, breaking content in paragraphs.
- Site search - Pages and documents uploaded in the website are indexed and are searchable.
- Mobile - the theme provided by the platform is mobile-friendly
- Optimized for speed - Images shown in the website are optimized by the system by cropping and resizing automatically. Network transfer is minimized by different strategies such as: compressing or caching content.
- API support - The content of the website can be exposed via API for different purposes to third parties. Several scenarios can be easily covered and depending on the case no software development might be even necessary.
- Security and updates - The network at once is benefiting from security updates.