National Target (NT) 1 was prepared to comply with the Aichi Target (AT) 1 framework as a reference in formulating a number of action plans and activity programs to implement the 2015-2020 Indonesian Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (IBSAP) with a focus on increasing human resource capacity for biodiversity (KemenPPN/BAPPENAS, 2016, p.15).
Based on the IBSAP 2015-2020, the implementation of NT 1 supports the IBSAP Action Plan 4 ‘Capacity Building of Biodiversity Management’ through Activity Groups in raising awareness on biodiversity (KemenPPN/BAPPENAS, 2016, p.249), which include:
· Human resources capacity development through formal and informal education and training.
· Development of CEPA (Capacity, Education and Public Awareness) strategy.
· Community participation improvement in biodiversity management.
· Awareness improvement through enforcement on environmental criminal law.
· Information broadcast and dissemination on biodiversity management.
· Improvement in people’s awareness about poverty reduction at the village level and development of biodiversity potential in left-behind areas.
· Improvement in people’s awareness through KUMKM (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Cooperative) empowerment in forestry, agricultural, marine and fisheries sectors
·Improvement in people's awareness through degradation control and use of coastal, marine, and inland water ecosystems.